Sure we started off as t-shirt printers, offering quality screen printing services and quickly became a major player in the UK market for custom screen printing, but is the tip of the iceberg in terms of the type of printing we offer and the vast range of garments we stock and can screen print or embroider on to.
Screen Print Guidelines
- Screen Printing Suitable for orders over 50 units
- Ideal for large designs as ink is more flexible that vinyl
- Machine Wash durability
- Softer to touch than vinyl
- More cost effective on larger quantities
The process of silk screen printing is achieved by forcing ink through a framed silk screen which has the desired pattern and specific colour exposed as a mesh that allows ink to transfer to the garment by pressure from a squeegee (manual or automatic machine driven).
This process is performed for each separate colour and resulting in finished multicolour design.
Custom Screen Printing is not the only method available at KC for t-shirt printing as we also run several digital printing machines to cater for a different style of print and lower volume orders.
Digital T-Shirt Printing
- More suitable for Full colour complex designs with gradients and tones
- If you have a low order quantity
- If you want to print digital images or photos
- If you have numerous logos/designs to print per garment
- Can be processed quickly if you have a tight deadline.
Digital t-shirt printing is used for multicolour artwork with complex gradients and tones and photographic imagery.
The digital printing process is performed by printing the digital based image on to a vinyl base, which is then machine cut and processed by hand to be positioned on to the garment before applying heat and pressure to transfer to the product.
Kustom Clothing are recognised as one of the leading digital printing companies in the UK and process around 500,000 printed t-shirts each year.
- Individual Names and Numbers (example school leavers hoodies)
- One-off samples for client meetings or press events
- Multicoloured logos that need to look bright and bold
- Nylon fabrics – waterproofs, hi-vis jackets, umbrellasSports and leisurewear, sponsors for sports kits
- Flock effect – luxurious velvet-like pile transferMetallic effect – high gloss metallic print
Transfer printing is very popular and most suited to smaller orders and print runs of up to around 100 units.
Transfer printing on clothes is a method which involves heat pressing plasitol, foil, flock or CAD-cut vinyl onto garments.
Transfer printing will outlive the garment it is printed on!!
Once printed the garments can be washed at up to 40 degrees.
Transfer printing is very durable we are happy to guarantee all that our printing will stay where it is for the life of the garment!